This Thanksgiving, I feel particularly thankful for my family. Those of us who were with us, those of us who weren’t, and those of us who we miss, oh so terribly, every year.
I could say a lot more, but I won’t. Here’s the lowdown on the food (family tree here):
1. Squash on toast, from the New York Times, made by my sister, Anna.
2. Raw Kale Salad with Anchovy Date Dressing, all prepped and ready to go by my mom, Gail & Kirst (I think).
3. Ben checking out Josh’s outdoor turkey deep-frying setup (wow!)
5. My mom working on the centerpieces.
6. A bit of humor in one of the centerpieces.
7. Two guys, two turkeys. Josh’s was deep fried, Pete’s was roasted.
8. A gorgeous table.
9. A ready table.
10. Veggieducken by Gail who tested the recipe, found it bland and improved upon it so that it was quite flavorful in the end.
11. Roasted Carrot and Avocado Salad (yum!)
12. Mushroom soup.
13. Two kinds of turkey, plus stuffing and gravy.
14. Veggieducken, brown butter brussels sprouts, creamy horseradish cranberry sauce & chestnut stuffing.
15. Chocolate Bourbon Truffles.