We concluded our first-ever week of planned dinners with indoor-grilled ribeye steak, roasted peppers, and roasted sweet potatoes with goat cheese & fresh thyme.
I think it was a successful week, and I’m going to really try keep up with this meal planning thing, if I can.*
Here are some of the recipes I’m thinking about for next week. Until then, it’s back to last-minute and improvisation:
- Because we have a ton of CSA bok choy to use up: Mark Bittman’s Bok Choy with Shitakes and Oyster Sauce. To accompany chicken or shrimp, perhaps?
- For a get-home-late night, and because we have a ton of CSA baby spinach: Martha’s Spinach Lasagna. We’d have to eat it luke warm, but I feel like that could be okay, maybe. (Damn, I need a fancy oven with a built-in timer.)
- Rigatoni with Cheese and Italian Sausage is finished by broiling for 1 1/2 minutes, seems like a good make-ahead.
- Kale Salad with Squash, Almonds and Cheese: My family won’t like this, do I care?
- This penne dish only needs to bake for 7-10 minutes, if I could figure out a quick way to preheat the oven (damn, need that fancy oven again) it would be a perfect make-ahead: Al Forno’s Penne with Tomato, Cream and Five Cheese.
- Another thing do do with bok choy, potentially: Udon with Tofu and Asian Greens
*Look for a new, Weekly Meal Plan section on the site, coming real soon. Happy weekend!